Total Hip Replacement
TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT (HIP ARTHROPLASTY)
Total Hip Replacement is a surgical intervention in which the joint between the femur and hip is removed totally and replaced by an artificial joint or artificial joint prosthesis. This surgery is suggested for patients who experience severe pain in hip joint because of any disease like avascular necrosis, arthritis, septic arthritis or trauma or accident, a pain which is not treated with NSAIDS, weight loss or rehabilitation. The success rate of total hip arthroplasty is 95%. After this surgery the patient is no more experiencing pain and can normally perform his daily routine works, also through this surgery the range of motion of the joint becomes normal and the limb size comes to its normal size.
- Total Hip Replacement is done with the advanced surgical procedure through best university professors.
- Revised hip arthroplasty is done for patients who have done hip replacement before and now because of any reason needs revised arthroplasty like infection or trauma which is a more complicated case and only few professors do it.
- Total Hip Replacement for congenital dislocation of hip.
- Genetic diseases of the femur.
- Treatment of Avascular Necrosis of head of femur which is mostly caused by different medicines like steroids.
- Treatment of side effects of previous surgeries like fracture of head or neck of femur or acetabulam.
- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors through Total Hip Replacement.
- Pre-operative evaluation of patient through advanced diagnostic machines and well experienced medical team.
- Surgery through advanced surgical procedures.
- Post-operative care.
- Handling the possible side effects of surgery.
HIP JOINT ANATOMY:
Hip joint is the second largest joint in the body after the knee joint and because of its specialized structure has a unique ability of movement. This joint is made by the insertion of femur head in the acetabular cavity. During walking or standing all the body weight is exerted on this joint so it needs more care.
MAJOR REASONS FOR TOTAL HIP ARTHROPLASTY:
Hip joint has a major role in the walking or running or even standing in a proper position therefore even a minor problem can cause severe pain and inability to stand. When this joint is degenerated or fractured daily activities are severely affected and therefore treatment is needed. Hip joint can be degenerated by many causes some of the famous are Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis, Tumors, Trauma or Fracture, Avascular Necrosis of head of femur.
SYMPTOMS WHICH MAKE THE SURGERY NEEDFUL
- Continued pain instead of using NSAIDS.
- Pain which is not reducing even by using a stick.
- Pain which disturbs the sleep.
- Difficulty in going up and down through stairs.
- Difficulty in rising from a sitting position.
- Inability to perform daily routine activities.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
- Difference in leg length.
- The femoral ball dislocates from the acetabullar cup.
- Fracture of the femur or acetabulum.
- Urinary tract infection.
- Loosening of the prosthesis.
- Dislocation, excessive rotation or loss of motion of the prosthesis.
- Foreign body reaction to the prosthesis or cement.
- Delayed skin healing or sloughing of skin.
- Sensitivity reaction to the metal.
- Damage to surrounding nerves causing pain, numbness, or weakness.
Persian International Health Tourism is a private company act as a facilitator between patients/visitors, best medical teams and various hospitals suggesting best available options based on your required treatment or other services.